Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My first 300 babies

First of all, I just have to say that having a baby is the most life altering experience I've ever had! And I love it! I love being a mommy and I love having a son! Sure, there's plenty of work but also plenty of reward! And I know every mom feels this way about her kids, but my little boy is breath taking!

And now... you're probably wondering why the heck I'm talking about 300 babies when I only have one. It's actually the name of a book written by a Mrs. Hendricks back probably before I was born. She was a post-natal nursemaid who would come to a new mom's home and help with cleaning, cooking and caring for the baby. The book is pretty old fashioned but the concept is great! The author developed a baby schedule that a friend of mine uses with her little girl and it's awesome! Her parent's used it with their 4 kids and know probably about 90 couples who have all used it as well. So basically, lots of success!

And that's why I'm writing on my blog with an 8 day old baby sleeping upstairs. And did I mention that I got about 7 hours of sleep last night? I'm still tired from the learning process of becoming a parent but it really feels good to get some sleep too!!

I just wanted to say a big thank-you to Mrs. Hendricks for developing this schedule and to my friend Carrie for introducing it to me. It's made things just a little bit easier in the middle of all the learning. And yes, it's a lot of learning. And diaper changing. And then changing again!

Did I mention I changed a poopy diaper and then 2 minutes later, I had to do it all over again? Can't say the little buddy was thrilled with this but I can't imagine he would rather be sitting in his own poop for awhile. Tough choice!

Well, it's time for my own nap while the baby is still asleep. Happy... uh, what day is it again? Oh, I think it's Wednesday! :-)

And because I can't help it, here's a photo of proud Daddy with his son!

1 comment:

Mrs. Vis said...

Bonnie, I'm SO happy for you and Luke! You're exactly right, Hudson is breath-taking. My mom used that book with me and has always said it was a good one! Congratulations!