Saturday, August 22, 2009

Julie/Julia Movie = perspective in a random way...

I just saw 'Julie & Julia' at the theater tonight. It was SO so good! I had read on Fandango that most people gave it a 'go' rating so I figured it would be good but the characters were so lovely that I felt like I knew them. That doesn't always happen when I go to see a movie. Often times, I'm left wanting to know just a little bit more... another level of that something that makes a character seem like someone you could really know. Meryl Streep was just divine and her voice pitch made me laugh so hard. I think many times during the movie, it was just my friend and I giggling away at every little thing she said. And the people behind us probably laughing at us.

And goodness, did I need a really happy, funny movie today. I was really trying to focus on being still and letting God be God and me be me all day. It was very difficult. But the movie helped. I know it's cliche to say but sometimes when you have to turn your mind off and just let a happy, positive movie fill your brain, it can help to turn your thinking and leave you with more than just a good movie under you belt. Sometimes, maybe, just a little bit of perspective about things that had nothing to do with the movie in the first place. 

And when that happens, I know for sure I'm going to have to buy the stupid thing and watch it over and over again! 

No comments: