Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Well, hello there winter, ice and general freezing my knickers weather!

I haven't blogged in a bit but I just looked at my last post and it was all about the winter we're supposed to be getting this year. As in, the winter we're already experiencing today. It's FREEZING!!!!!! Really chilly and windy just to add a bit of excitement... ?

It's just cold.

And to top off the joys of really cold weather, I'm sort of stuck at home. As I've mentioned many times before, our house is on a steep hill and my husband forgot to drive his truck down before the snow/ice became an issue so he's driving my car to work. Thus, I am stuck. However, I don't really imagine myself carrying Hudson up and down my driveway in this weather anyway. So we're at home. And we're warm so I'm glad!

A positive of my predicament is that my house is VERY tidy right now! No little piles to be seen, laundry all done and I actually think I'm going to do something "fun" today. (fun in quotations because this is relative and the fact that I'm stuck really limits what I can actually do for fun. ha ha!) Maybe bake with loads of butter or watch a movie while Hudson naps this afternoon. We'll see. I wish I had a good book right now... I'd be reading all day. Oh well.

In other news, I just watched a 17 minute Youtube video interview with Prince William and the future Mrs. Kate Middleton. I don't know how much you really care about this and in the grand scheme, I don't care TOO much but it's kind of fun to see them get engaged. Since I'm Canadian, I was raised with some awareness of the British royal family... and I had the Princess Diana paper doll set... yeah, I know, big deal!! ;-) I was a big fan of the wedding dress with poofy sleeves for my paper princess. And that blue gown that matched her saphire ring. And then my brothers wrecked it all. At least I imagine they did because it's not in my life anymore and I can't imagine that I would've voluntarily gotten rid of this stuff.

So I'm going to plan on watching the wedding on April 29th because it'll be on tv and it'll be beautiful, I'm sure! But I must say that I'm really glad that I'm married to a really regular guy with a totally non-public life... who wants to be scrutinized that much?? Not I. Nope. And for those of you who know me well, I'm sure if I had a "public" life, I'd say something terrible that'd be criticized for generations so it's just better this way.

It's something we can all be thankful for. (roll of the eyes... yes, you may as well!)

Okay, enough ramble. I'm thinking banana bread with chocolate chips to start of this day off right. Then maybe a spoonful of Nutella to keep my spirits up before moving onto some kind of cookie.

No comments: