Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What happened?


So... I am not sure how this happened but I am a total domestic weirdo. I don't think it happened overnight but slowly, like... over more than a decade. Nope, wait. Earlier. My first memory of yearning to organize goes back to my friend Shereen's house. Her mom came home with a bunch of bags from Zellers (it's like Canadian Walmart/Kmart/etc) with all these drawer organizers and I was very curious. I remember going home and asking my mom why she didn't want to organize like that. The reason wasn't too impressive.

But somehow, despite a mom who didn't truly adore plastic, made in china and other places trays and baskets, I am a lost cause! It started slowly with endless aims at getting the cupboards totally ordered when I first got married. I didn't have much else to do until my work visa came through. Maybe it was a need to control something... and boy, do cans of soup bow to my will!

Then I met Ikea. That was a life altering moment. Enough said.

And now, today I must confess to all that I have met a new and endearing friend. Meet my friend Tupperware.



Now, I remember my mom having all sorts of parties for Tupperware and (big ugh) Weekender Wear. Does anyone remember that? I hope not. It was not a good choice. SO bad. I cringe even thinking about all the different ways you could "style" (VERY loosely used) those clothes. I think I need to take a cleansing breath.... okay, I feel better now.

Where was I? Oh, right. I had a Tupperware party at the end of September. And somehow I "saved" all sorts of money by spending all sorts of money. I think I cut out the last part of that sentence for my husband! I like it when he thinks I'm a good thrifty wife. And oh-ho boy, the large box of goodies with MY name on it was enough to make me do a little dance around the dining room. I really did! And my friends, I am now proud to show you the fruits of my labor.

BEFORE


And...

AFTER


BEFORE



AFTER

For some strange reason, everything is underlining... sorry.

But, more importantly, I think I want more, ahem, NEED more Tupperware. The end.

No comments: