Sunday, February 21, 2010

How many does it take...

How many people does it take to clean 3 bathrooms in 2 hours? Under normal circumstances, I would guess probably less than one whole singular person. But today, it took a 36 week pregnant me and my recovering-from-a-broken-collar-bone husband 2 whole hours to clean everything from top to bottom.

2 hours.

Literally.

And I must confess that this is the reason why I haven't cleaned the bathrooms in a VERY long time. I just knew that if I attempted to do it all on my own, I would probably never recover from the depressing fact that I didn't finish. You'd find me collapsed on the floor in utter despair.

And in this whole "getting ready for the baby" thing, the bathrooms have been weighing heavily on me. It just felt like I couldn't accomplish smaller tasks around the house until the bathrooms were done. I know this is kind of a silly way to feel about things but it's just the way my brain works. And I DO realize that the bathrooms will not STAY clean until after the baby is born but I did accomplish something very, VERY important during the cleaning today.

I convinced my husband that we should hire a cleaner to clean our entire house from top to bottom before the baby arrives.

Yes, I know. I'm smart!

Because I don't think he wants to help me do it all again.

It was a good maneuver for a Sunday afternoon. But really, I do need to say a big "thank-you" to Luke for being my bathroom cleaning partner today. It really just made my week, in advance. That's a happy thing!

And tomorrow, we're going to hang the curtains and the picture frames in the baby room. Yes... I think we might just get all those 'to do' things done before the new love of our life arrives! I know he'll completely make all of our little efforts and preparations seem silly and meaningless next to his sweet self but for now, it keeps me sane and feeling like I just might make it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With each pregnancy, that was the first thing to go....bathroom cleaning. I really did not want to scrub a toilet or a big tub while pregnant.
And, I super support the housecleaner idea. Thats what we did. You cant get back those first couple months. Snuggle with your babu boy and let someone else clean your house for you.
Love Jama