Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

I feel like I should be wishing you all a "Happy Super Bowl Sunday". In our house, the Super Bowl is like the 2nd most important holiday of the year. After Christmas. At least to my husband.

It seems for every other holiday, I'm busy preparing and cleaning and cooking for a party or visitors or some other fun thing. However, this special Sunday that comes only once a year is more my husband's baby. He invited people. He cleaned the house. He baked cookies and prepared nacho meat last night. Yes cookies. My husband likes to bake. And he made a good batch last night!

Usually, I'm excited for the game but sadly, this year I'm not. I just don't care about the teams playing... but if I have to choose, I'll vote for the Colts. As playoffs were winding down to the final week, I thought it would be great to have the Viking's veteran QB Brett Favre play against the Jets rookie QB Mark Sanchez. That was my vote. It didn't happen at all. Neither team. And now I'm forced to watch a game that doesn't really get me riled up at all. Not even a little bit.

I couldn't sleep past 5:20am which is so unusual for me and here I sit at 6:31am on Super Bowl Sunday. The living room has plenty of extra seating set up for all the people coming to our house this afternoon. And all I can think about is that I'm going to need a nap at some point today... how do you sleep with all those extra people cheering and the tv louder that we normally have it and all that food sitting on the table... BEGGING me to stay awhile?

It's just one of those things. But it does come just once a year so I'm going to make the most of it. And maybe I'll take a quick nap before the game if I can... maybe.

No comments: