Friday, October 1, 2010

Books - contrast


I've read a couple of books in the past month and I figured, why not tell you about them!



1. Promises To Keep by Jane Green

This book started out okay. I was at least drawn in to turn the page and see what happens next. The characters were good and well thought out. The problem for me was that I hit this point where I knew exactly what was going to happen. I was reading in bed, turned to Luke and said... "blank is going to happen and here's why." The author built her case way too clearly and it just got too predictable for me. I was so irritated with this that by the time I was supposed to feel emotion for certain events, I just wasn't there. So, overall, not a bad book, but not the best book either. If you've got a limited amount of time to read, pass.



2. With Friends Like These by Sally Koslow

Yes, yes, yes!!! I haven't read a book in awhile that really kept me guessing and wanting to turn the page. I found myself reading for Hudson's entire nap while my house lay in shambles around me. The book had 4 distinct characters who are friends and really goes into the intricacies of friendship. I loved the characters and was so thankful that I couldn't identify with the problems they all faced. It was SUCH a good book.

And just when I'd like to type more, my boy is waking from his nap so I gotta go. But #2 was by far the better book!

No comments: