Friday, November 13, 2009

Cute at first glance...



Maternity coats. I honestly didn't imagine myself having to think about this because I have this totally great winter coat with an empire waist that I bought last year. Well-he-elllll, not going to happen. That coat doesn't fit anymore and let's face it. It's starting to get colder.

I honestly don't think I anticipated the growth that was going to happen to my body. I mean, I've seen it many times over with my friends but on my very own body, I just didn't quite understand that growing a whole person is going to take up some space. Like a lot of space. Like, um, pants don't even get up over my thighs people. And I'm okay with all of it. But I just didn't know.

So now I do know... And I'm a living education to myself because I keep learning something new about how I personally respond to this "condition". On a side note: who ever termed pregnancy as a condition is a total nerd. I mean, a BIG one. Because so far, I haven't really had to do much except eat more (YES!!!) and my body has just done it's very own job. I am not sick, just pregnant. I am probably more healthy than ever. And it's all good! I kinda like it!

Ahem. Moving on.

Where was I? Oh, right... the coat. So big earth shattering news for your Friday afternoon commute. I bought one today. I know it's the right size because it fits in my shoulders and arms but geez, these clothing designers are sure planning ahead. Because although I'm over halfway to my due date, this coat is still pretty big. I almost didn't buy it. But then, (genius) I decided to sew new buttons on and make it smaller until I need it to be bigger. Because I do want to get bigger. Not for myself but for the little guy inside who needs to get bigger. And I will need a coat and don't really want to buy a new coat for every inch that I grow. Well, that could be fun but really... probably not a good investment in my marriage.

So here it is!!

It's cute right! If you don't think so, please hold comments until after I stop being hormonal... which means, don't ever tell me. Because I like it. And it's going to get worn a whole heck of a lot over the next few months. And I will probably move the buttons at least 3 times.

And I feel like Hudson will appreciate my efforts.