Thursday, November 12, 2009

I think this might be "the one"

Honestly, I can't exactly say I've been displaying what would be considered normal range behavior for a crib consumer. I had a few days back in October when I was consumed with an online search for our little son's future bed. We're talking spreadsheets with colors, measurements, finishes, websites where to find them again (since I was all over the place and kept forgetting where I'd seen this or that...). Then after a firm shake from Luke, I calmed down a bit.

I had some specific constraints that I needed to stick with however, because I am not exactly purchasing the crib myself. My Dad and his wife have offered to buy it for us and they specifically asked that we pick one that was made domestically. You know, made in the USA or Canada. That was the only requirement. Fair enough.

Well, you'd be surprised how many companies really do make their furniture on this side of the Pacific. I found all sorts of styles and finishes and colors and odds and ends to choose from. But once we found out we were having a boy, it became crystal clear in my little head what kind of look I was going to aim for. And I know, I know, the baby doesn't really care but this is our first little person in our home and I care. I like a decorated room. I think that's not too much of a surprise.

So, for the future Hudson in our lives, I think we may have found "the one". I just need to see it in person and maybe scratch the finish (a wise friend told me to do so) and make sure it doesn't come off easily.

Wanna see what it looks like? Well, too bad. Here it is.

Can't you just see his handsome self sleeping ALL NIGHT here?

But if I change my mind, which I have been known to do, maybe I'll talk about it publicly... Someday.

No comments: