Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Thankful Day.



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

It's so funny how we make days that become special holidays and somehow, we feel different on those days. Take this morning for instance. It's cloudy (same as always), kinda wet outside (same as always), my kitchen is a vile mess (same as always) and yet, this morning is special. Because it's Thanksgiving Day. Which I am sure you know and are rolling your eyes at me for reiterating it for you this morning.

And although I try to be a thankful person everyday for the stuff that's easy to take for granted, today it feels even more important to take some time and be deeply thankful. For a lot of things too.

1. My Husband: I could seriously gush at this point and probably nauseate the whole of our entire county with how thankful I am for this guy. All I can say is that my hope is for every person I know to be as happy and in love as I am when they get married. I'm totally not joking either. Luke would probably say that I border on creepy every now and again but hey, don't be picky, is what I always say to him!

2. My baby: I'm sure you'd say well duh, of course you're thankful for the bubs growing in your tummy. But really, I'm SO, SO thankful for him. He has been a very long time in coming and my heart is full with how much I love him already. Enough said there.

3. Deeter: Believe it or not, I am thankful for our little mutt of a doggy. No matter how annoying he gets, he makes me laugh at least once every single day and good grief, his face is just so cute! No matter how mad I get at him, his cuteness keeps him at our house!

4. Family: I could go on and on with this one too. All I'll say is that there are a lot of people and I love them all!

Those are my top four for this morning... the ones I've been thinking about a lot since I woke up less than an hour ago. Ha!

As you spend time with your family and friends today, eating hopefully more than is appropriate... I'll leave you with this thought...

I don't know if Deeter could really come up with a thankful thought at this moment. Maybe pray for him if you have a second.


1 comment:

TheOldestStudent said...

Poor Deeter! I will pray for him!