Monday, September 21, 2009

Commentary on Deeter

Last night we went to Lynden to a friends house for the weekly game night that they host. I love that they call it a family game night because their kids are actually in bed, wishing they were up and hanging out with us while we all play games. Awesome games. Let me make that very clear. You don't even know. 

So my friend J has these adorable little wiener puppies (aka dachshunds) that I was aching to see again since our last visit. They are now 8 weeks old, mama Ruby is done being their 24/7 mama and so Deeter (our little Chu/wiener) was allowed to come and play. Now, normally Deeter and Ruby are soul mates from the time their visit begins. They wrestle for hours and hours on the rug in the living room while we play totally NON nerdy games in the dining room. Well, Rubes is still getting over all that nursing and just plain hard work so she doesn't have a lot of steam right now. Very understandable. So I thought... that maybe Deets would play with the cute, squishy love puppies... one very fat little boy named Pretzel and a feisty girl named Dinah. 

Well, let me tell you. Deeter was TERRIFIED. And I don't mean just a little nervous. He spent a good portion of the night on the couch, looking down at those puppies and whining because he felt trapped on the couch, especially because of the lovely Dinah. She had a thing for him. And she was really quite aggressive in her affection towards him. Lots of running and chasing and wrestling every chance she could get her little paws near him. He didn't like it. I was embarrassed. He is not a dog. But then... what is he? If you come up with an answer, please let me know. There are a lot of unsettled,unanswered questions right now.


I mean... what is so scary about little loves like this?? (sorry for the ultra small photo)

Deeter used to be pretty small himself. But we did have a talk about about his behavior on the way home and I think it sunk in. 




No comments: