Friday, September 18, 2009

Why Bachelor Parties?


This morning I got a call from my hubby to let me know he was alive and feeling just fine after his younger brother's bachelor party last night. Wedding countdown... 21 days. For some strange reason, getting married means you have to get together and act like total morons for at least one full day, if not two. Just to prove that you are mature enough to get married. 

But I must say, the party was really well planned. And lots of great torturous plans for the groom-to-be. And some of those ideas were mine. I mean, yes, I know how to act like a total moron but that's because I've been married for several years now. It kinda brings it out, I think. 

I guess bachelor parties have been happening for centuries and used to mean getting together for a dinner before the wedding. But according to the "all knowing" internet, that all changed in the '80's after a movie called 'bachelor party' came out and now we have the bachelor parties as we know them. Some are totally lame, in my very lowly, humble opinion but the really good ones are, well, good! 

When my husband had his party, part of the night included him, an adult diaper and a Walmart store. If only someone had taken a photo. And then a run through a carwash in the back of a truck, in that diaper. That's what I'm talking about! Or last night, little brother with a bright pink boa wrapped around his neck and a naked barbie in his hand that he was not allowed to put down the entire night without punishment... 20 pushups per misdemeanor. That was my idea! At least he could say there was a naked girl involved in his party without getting total scorn and a ring back from his bride-to-be. And because he's just not that kind of guy. Which I really like. 

I'm ramblin' now. But that's what I do. I ramble. And talk. And you know what? You're still reading this so I guess it can't be such a bad thing! But I AM running out of things to say for now. So that's it, that's all.

 And now I will laugh out loud because the groom-to-be fell on the sidewalk sometime during their little party last night. Notice the Barbie in his hand...

No comments: