Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Life = busy. Or does it?

I read an interesting thought the other day about Americans that make me think for a second. Okay, for more than a second. It was a small commentary on how Americans are always trying to work less for the same or more wages. And I am not sure if it's because people just want to be less busy or don't want to work as much. Because working is not a bad thing. In fact, we were created to work. Even God worked for six days and then rested for one. Our bodies were meant to be worked and so were our minds. 

However, I think that work and being busy are two different things. We work to put a roof over our heads, to keep our homes clean, to create some kind of order from the chaos of life. And all of that takes time and makes us busy. But in the middle of it, I wonder if there is a way to be quiet and rested inside. I wonder if there is a way to be calm in the middle of life's storms. Well, I guess I already know the answer to this. There is. But it takes A LOT of work. Ha! There's that word again!

I wonder... if we could find rest despite what is happening around us, if work wouldn't feel like such a bad thing anymore?

Just a though. The end. Happy Tuesday! 


No comments: