Monday, August 16, 2010

2 things

thing 1:

Today is the first day of the Northwest Washington Fair. And we're going! Hudson will see all sorts of animals for the first time ever... so we're kind of excited. He won't remember a lick of this but we will and that makes it worth it to us! And after we spend some time with Hudson and the animals, he is going to Grandma's house to sleep so Luke and I can see the "Demolition Derby."

What is this Demolition Derby, you ask?

It's total redneck chaotic mess. And so much fun! This is our 3rd year going to celebrate for our anniversary. Not so romantic but totally hilarious and I'd rather laugh my butt off than anything else for our anniversary! We got married during fair week in Lynden and after the wedding, I was watching the video and there was this AWFUL sound in the background. Like, rip-roaring loud noises. So I called my mom to ask what was happening on the video and she was like... "you didn't hear that???" Apparently not. I was too busy freaking out that I was getting married and saying my wedding vows to Luke to NOT HEAR THE TRACTOR PULL happening 4 blocks away.

What was wrong with me? If I wasn't even totally aware during the ceremony, do the vows count? I'm going to go with a yes for this one... ;-)

Obviously I didn't know about "fair week", not being from Lynden and all, when we picked the wedding date. Oops. But anyway, we now go and celebrate the noise and obnoxious entertainment of the fair every year and we'll probably make this our date until the kids want to join us and then we'll have to go out another night together. I have a feeling Hudson wouldn't appreciate the loud engines and crushing metal and flames everywhere at this point. I think it's my mommy instinct kicking in.

thing 2:

I'm about to unleash the beast on my insurance company. They keep messing up my coverage dates and the hospital has billed them 2 times for my ob/gyn care and they keep sending it back, UNPAID. The hospital has a policy to only send 3 times before requiring us to pay. Wee-hhheeee-heeeeellll. I just got a message from the insurance company that some paperwork that was supposed to be fixed is not fixed yet and that means my claim will be denied again. And we're not paying it. I'm just putting this out there. We pay for very good medical insurance. I shouldn't have to pay for this. And I won't. And thus, I'm about to "communicate" VERY CLEARLY with the 1-800 number.

And that's it for now.

No comments: