Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Before/After


Today is a special day for me. I'm getting my hair done. For some of you, this may just be another day in the life of... but for me, today is SPECIAL! Here's why:

1. My roots are rooty
2. I live in a permanent ponytail these days
3. I'm sick of #2
4. #3 makes me feel like I'm in a rut and gives me a bad attitude
5. And finally, it's just time

So Luke is coming home early to work from home and hang out with Hudson while I dash off to the salon where my great stylist, Yangee (who is great, btw) will rescue me from a month of bad hair days.

Here's the sad state of affairs...

It's the proverbial "mom-tail"... I have no problem with ponytails but I don't know if I blow dried and styled my hair more than twice in July. I know, it's bad.
I don't really know what to say.

After:

So this afternoon, I carted myself off to Fairhaven for an appointment with the girl who cuts my hair. I happily sat as a TON of hair got cut off. I'm pretty happy with this style overall, but I think I may call back to get her to angle the back up a bit. I didn't realize until I got home that it hadn't really happened.





And the bangs!!! We went back and forth on these for a few minutes and finally, I committed.

So that's my before/after adventure. And then I stopped for groceries and headed home to feed my baby and eat dinner with Luke. Not exactly glamorous but perfectly happy to me!

And that's probably one of the last times you'll see my face on this blog. I like blogging about my baby, my dog and pretty much everything else except photos of me. ;-)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

OK you look Gorg and Luke better have told you so!!

Danie said...

LOVE you're hair!!:)! You're gorgeous!!!!!

becomingbyamani said...

You look fabulous!! (I know I saw you since this was taken but I don't know if I got the chance to tell you)