Monday, August 9, 2010

Social Suicide


You know those awkward people... the ones that no matter how much you try and "give them the hint" they never get it? Well, I haven't really ever done that to anyone but I've seen it in play and as of today, I am guilty.

Not that I would call my dog a "someone" but really, today he's entered into a new level of insecurity (who knew!). Since we've had the baby he doesn't really exist to me in the same way he used to. Obviously, same with this blog. But I think at least the blog may be making a come back!

Because Deeter knows the extent of his fall from my good graces, he has tried with extra fervor to gain my attention. However, because Hudson is now very aware of the dog, Deeter has decided to bypass me and go straight for the baby. Example: Today, Hudson rolled over for the first time. Deeter saw some play potential there and he's over the top trying to get at Hudson's face for a good lick within about 2.4 seconds. This makes me crazy so I'm practically guarding Hudson with my arms which makes Deeter even more crazy and desperate to be included. And by included, I mean, licking the baby's face. Ain't gonna happen.

Even as I type this, Hudson has fallen asleep on the floor and Deeter is carefully inching his way towards that little face, hoping I won't notice. Which I do. And then he looks at me with trembling glassy eyes. And he knows that eternity is but a wet sloppy lick away. I'm not even really joking...


It's like begging to be shot. Or at least some kennel time.
Really? He sits on Luke's feet every night at dinner.
Attempting to enjoy the baby's stuff. And.... laundry.
This one was actually really funny!

Luke looks like he's enjoying this!
I mean, I guess there's potential for the future here. Just not for now.

So I think that's it for my back to blogging post.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY! Poor Deeter!! Remember that time he licked Eadon's gums? I think he just likes baby breath...
Love it!
Romay