Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Sunday

Well, I sit here, thinking of what I shall blog about on this super duper HOT Sunday afternoon while I listen to my little boy crying in the monitor. Sundays are always a little bit off with naps because of church in the morning. But I've gotten brave lately and attempted to pretend we're on schedule when we get home and put him to bed.

He doesn't really like it.

And now that he's starting to get more expression (he's mastered the pouty lower lip thing which completely tears me apart), he's really good at telling me he does not approve of this new approach. But I steel my heart and close the door and then he sleeps. And we all breathe a sigh of relief.

So, I know I've ranted plenty of times, probably more than is appropriate about my totally adorable, totally annoying dog, so today I won't. But I will announce that we've made a formal offer of adoption to my mom. Her 2 dogs are aging rapidly, especially Rosie, who we got when I was 14... I'm 30 now. So, she's quite old in dog years. We'll find out in a few days or so if my mom would like to adopt Deeter once Rosie goes to meet her maker. I don't want to be a terrible person and pray that this happens swiftly... in fact, I promise I won't because my mom really loves her. But Deeter will be happier and I won't be yelling at the dog in front of my baby anymore. It's just not nice.

In fact, Deeter calls my mom "grandma hamburger" because he went for a long weekend visit a year ago and enjoyed a small serving of hamburger EVERY SINGLE DAY. I assure you, this doesn't happen at our house. On occasion, I'll give him a few scraps of meat when we're done dinner and it's either his dish or the compost bin. And because of this crazy indulgent weekend with grandma, he goes absolutely berserk when she comes to visit. Every time. He tries to escape and get into her car... like, "get me out of here, Grandma hamburger. Please. This place is not like your house at all." It's actually kind of funny.

But one of these days, I think he will get in her car and he won't be coming back. It makes me really happy for him and for us on the one hand. On the other, I will miss his little personality in our home. And I just can't give him to anyone. I need to know that he will be taken care of VERY well. I would sob if we gave him away and he was being treated badly. He's just too little and cute for that. I'd rather him stay here than be hurt by some other family.

I don't really have much else to say on this subject. That's about it. Yup. And Hudson is still not sleeping. He's half awake, fighting sleep. And we have to be at a bbq very soon so I hope he does sleep or it'll be an interesting afternoon.

The end.

No comments: