Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Day to Forget

Or a day to remember... the one I don't want to do over again.

I know we all have hard days and we all have things that go wrong. I don't want to be the proverbial whiner but yesterday was a HARD day. It was so lame on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin.

Maybe in the morning...

So my dear husband has started a new job. It's an amazing job and full of potential for him. It's also high stress for the time being and requires a lot of hours away from home. And I've been testy about it. I knew it was going to be this way for about 1-2 months but it's still hard. So we had a not-so-lovely conversation as he was walking out the door, which we never do. It was so out of character for us that it ruined my morning. Like, totally ruined it. His too. (this makes me feel glad though... haha! At least we both didn't like it!!)

After that, I went to look at carpet for one of our rentals because Lowes was being completely useless in getting the carpet guy to set up an appointment with us. Local, local, local. Much better! I went to The Color Pot and they had a guy out to measure the same day and everything was looking up until we realized the carpet I'd picked (end of a roll) was 2 yards short for what we needed. But I think we've figured out a solution. But still.

On a happier note, my dearly beloved sister-in-law is expecting and has been looking all over craigslist land between my city and hers for a changing table that she can gussy up for her little girl. She found one here for such a great price so I also checked this out yesterday. It was perfect so I paid for it and left the table until I could bring our truck as it was much too big for my car. The seller was irritated that I wasn't taking it right away. Happy, happy.

This was all in the morning. Then Hudson napped. So did I.

When I woke up, I went online and randomly did some very basic searches on the domain name for the website my friend and I are about to launch. I don't know why I did this today but I'm sure glad now that I did. And not. I realized our name could cause some major legal issues. Don't ask me how we missed this earlier. But we have to change our domain name now... our perfect name, our brand. Gag me with a spoon. Like, seriously nauseous. And stressed. Because we've put so much work into our website and our logo and, and, and... now we have to make some changes that are kinda big. And you know when you bond with an idea? Well, we have to break-up now and it sucks.

The rest of my day was a mix of searching for about 6 hours for a new domain name that rocked as much as the one we now have to NOT use. Oh, and getting stuck in the driveway when I picked up the change table. I left serious ruts in their gravel... almost had Luke put our sleeping baby in the car to come and push my truck out. Sorry people for scarring your driveway. Again, they were irritated with me. YAY!

Then in a rush of cleaning before bed, I forgot that the plate on the counter was full of raw chicken juice. It splashed ALL OVER THE KITCHEN. All over... the floor, the counters, cabinets, Hudson's open toy drawer, Luke's cell phone... ugh. I don't know about you but not much grosses me out more than chicken juice. By this time, I was talking like a pirate and not sorry about it. My poor husband. I love him for loving me. Despite the salmonella bacteria on his phone that he regularly holds against his face. Ha! We did clean it with a q-tip but yucky still!!

So that was my day. Maybe a tame day for some of you but for me... high stress, hide under a rock kind of day. So I would like to forget it ever happened and make today a good day! Today is paying for the carpet day (this can be good or bad, depending on how I look at it! ha!!), clean the house day, website meeting day, straighten my hair day. And North & South tonight. This is another post altogether. But just to give you a little teaser... Patrick Swayze, 80's hair, The South, Civil War. Oh yes!

I'm going to end my blog post with this thought because it usually makes most people I know happy.

Patrick Swazye. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh orie mayne! That makes me very happy!