Thursday, June 30, 2011

Patrick Swayze & Gift Cards



These two things may seem totally unrelated to you. Maybe they are but I'm going to make them relate. I am feeling a bit gipped on both counts and I'm missing both. Let me explain.


Last night I played the last dvd from the "North and South" series with Patrick Swayze. I was all excited for one last good round of '80s inspired post-civil war costumes and the drama-rama of the whole show. Then in the first scene, Orie Main is killed. I couldn't believe it. And it wasn't even Patrick. I paused the movie, went online and learned that this last part was filmed in the '90s, almost 10 years later and no Swayze. Sadness. And funny enough, all the actors have aged 10 years like they should in 10 years but the story is a continuation like it was a few months later. And we're worried about aging in our modern times. Those poor civil war folks.

Anyway, so I'm still watching it but we're missing one of the main characters, Orie Main. It's okay, I'll be alright. Sniff.

Another change is that one of Orie's cousins characters has changed actors as well. But this was a welcome surprise. If you've seen 'Friday Night Lights' and liked Coach Taylor... well, this is a 17 years younger coach taylor. I recognized him when he started yelling at his soldiers like he yells at his football players now. Same voice. Hilarious.

Now the giftcards. I had a whole slew of them in my wallet so I brought them all to the computer and started checking balances. One has $0.19 on it. Pretty sweet huh. I was all excited to hit Starbucks or Cruisin Coffee or Fred Meyer with all this found money... nope. On the positive, my wallet has a bit more room now.

So there you have it. No Patrick Swayze. No gift card money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm diggin your blogs lately! Actually, I always do! Maybe it was the picture of patrick swayze pic that made me respond with such an emotional word such as "diggin"! I'm fully impressed with your embracement of north and south! You hung in there and believed! Ha ha awesome. Next recommendation....The Thornbirds! I think after completing north and south we should celebrate with some southern food. Orie would want it that way!