Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Act Your Age

This is just a short post today. I'm busy figuring out some PayPal issues for the fabled website that I keep talking about. Yes, it does exist and yes, it will be something you can see someday. Soooomedaaaaay, over the rainbow... dah, dah, daaaaaaaaaah...

Anyway, I picked up our mail today and there was this big envelope for me with "Act Your Age" across the front of it. "Welcome to the one magazine for women who love to act their age." I figured that something might be wrong right away when I opened it up and read from the editor... "I have a confession to make... I still feel like I'm 25." Okay, pause.

I know that most people still feel like they're 25... my Great Grandma said she still felt 25 at 80... but I'm not that far away from 25. I'm 30. Well, actually almost 31... in 16 days. So with this said, I think that MORE magazine might have their mailing list wrong or may have made me a different age than I am. And when I say all this, please don't read what I'm NOT saying. I am not saying that being older is bad. When I am in my 40s, 50s and 60s, I plan to rock my age, have a great time and savor every single moment of those years. But I want to savor the years I am in right now. Like the ones where you can still remember specific events from your 25th year. lol.

So what magazine should I be reading? I don't know. What do you read if you're a Mom and somewhere after 25 and before 40?  I don't have the 18 year old body of the magazines I used to read. My belly is still figuring out where to put all the extra stretch that it experienced over a year ago. But I also have yet to experience the "newfound freedom" of my kids leaving the nest. I don't want to rush on to that either. So what do I read? Home decorating magazines, Parenting magazines. Maybe a fashion magazine or People every now and again but that's about it. MORE magazine even gave me a free subscription a couple of years ago and I couldn't figure out what anything in it was about... I couldn't really relate to much in it.

So DEAR MORE magazine: stop sending me stuff.

Signed,
Give me 10 years and we'll talk again.

No comments: