Saturday, July 16, 2011

Selling Cars

We are selling our car... again. It's not the first time it's been up for sale. This time, it's priced to sell.

Historically, we have a terrible record of buying and selling... emotional buys that we cannot afford, cars with problems, big losses on trade-ins, etc. Does anyone else have this problem? So our decision to sell the car gives me some butterflies and not the romantic kind. More like the nervous, maybe we should keep it kind. This car has been very good to us and gets awesome gas mileage. However, we do own it outright and if we sell both our vehicles, we can get a really great deal on the SUV we are hoping to buy and a little commuter car for my honey and bank a bunch of cash. 

And to be honest, although this is a nice looking, happy car it wasn't really a "love" car for me. We got this because we had an aging car that had all sorts of BIG issues (aka, $$$) and a trade got us out of that problem. While I say that I've never loved this car, it's grown on me big time. I like the way it looks, it's great to drive and it's been problem-free. The biggest reason to sell it is that Luke is selling his truck and we need something that can fit bigger things... so it's an SUV for me. We've got our eye on a few that still have great gas mileage. Soooooo.... that's all.

It's not a funny kind of day today, if you haven't noticed. Just a busy one so I'll finish this blog, get to work and maybe I'll have something funnier to say tomorrow. :-)   Oh! I will tell you about the golf mishaps that I mentioned the other day. It's kind of sad/funny/wowbonnie so hopefully you'll check it out. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! SUV's are the BEST! (ok, not the best on gas...) =)