Thursday, July 7, 2011

Birthday Frenzy... and Fox Pee

So, weird title, yes? Well, nevermind you and keep reading.

Luke's cousin or my cousin-in-law Jodi, who also happens to be a really great blogger that you should probably read (www.jodimichelle.com) posted a comment on my gardening blog. She had some sage wisdom about rabbits and how to make them stay away from the garden. Apparently, fox pee works magic. So random... but not really.

Foxes are predators. Bunnies do not like predators. Huh.

My brain, of course, then wonders how I get fox pee? Do I get a pet fox and take him out for his dailies out in the garden? Is there such a thing as a fox pee farm? Sorry... Ha! Actually, you can buy boxes of pee powder. The wonders of modern technology. You can actually get pee from coyote, mountain lions, bobcat and bobcat, if you ever need some kind of predator scent. Lovely. So I'm going to get myself some of this magical powder and see if I get a single leaf of lettuce. It's maddening.

Moving right along...

It's my husband Luke's birthday tomorrow. He's going to be all of 29 years old. Such a young soul. I have a big day planned for him but I can't say anything about it until after his big day since he reads this blog. But he does know we're having a little bbq tomorrow and I have a TON of food to make. Potato salad, Quinoa salad and Pioneer Woman's pasta salad plus an ice cream cake that is kind of an experiment.

I want to do a 7 layer cake with cake pop mix for the cakey part. I googled whether cake pops taste good frozen and people said yes, but I'm going to go buy a cake pop from Starbucks today and pop it into the freezer and try it out for myself. If it's good, I'll go ahead with my plan. Cake pop mix, vanilla ice cream, fudge topping, chocolate cookies, chocolate ice cream, cake pop mix and then frosting... all in a lasagna pan so it can be nice and thick! YUM!

These are cake pops:


If you want to try making them, go to www.bakerella.com

So now that it's 9:34am and I am still in old bleach spotted sweatpants, I need to end this and get something a little less ghetto to wear and head to the store. Lots of food to buy, lots of cooking today. And lots of fun tomorrow! 

2 comments:

jodimichelle said...

Awe, I love the shout out :)

Cake pops ... yum!

Jessica said...

Does the fox pee work for squirrels...the squirrels love to dig in my garden?