Saturday, December 19, 2009

Food (or just pomegranates) for thought


Did you know...

The pomegranates have 3 grams of fat in them? But they also have 11 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein and almost 50% of vitamin C for the day. Whew!

See, I knew about the vitamin C part but the rest... I guess I just didn't know. But I've been craving them like crazy and eating probably 3-4/week and now I feel even better about eating them!

And now for a little shameless bragging about Deeter... he likes pomegranates too! He sits at my feet and waits for them to fall while I'm cutting it up. I think he always knew how good they were for him. And he needs all the dietary variety he can get since his bowl of food hasn't really changed flavors since well... since puppyhood. But such is the life of a wiener dog.

Before I sign off, just one thought. If you know the answer, please share: Why are pomegranates so dang hard to peel? It's like 10 minutes of hard labor to get to a point where you can actually eat. And then you're almost too exhausted to eat. Especially now that I know about all the protein I'm eating, it feels like more work than ever.

I think I need a massage.

No comments: