Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One day at a time

Yesterday I got one of my weekly emails from some pregnancy related website telling me what to expect for this week in my life. I'm 28 weeks pregnant. Well, I guess today... more like 28.5 weeks along. And yes, that does mean something to an expecting woman.

So back to that email... It mentioned that this week would be a good time to start packing my bag for the hospital and making sure that I have everything I will need. Now let's talk about that. There's a lot of stuff that goes into that bag. And I don't have a single thing yet. I'm so behind...

I just ordered our baby's bedding 2 days ago and there's still a drum set sitting in the middle of our baby's future bedroom along with a couch and shelf we need to sell and a bunch of random "misc household items" that have no home. And really, that's all we have done so far. So how am I supposed to think about packing for the hospital? It's just a bunch more stuff I have to buy that I haven't even thought of yet.

So for now... maybe some rubbermaid containers and maybe a couple of listings on Craigslist. And plenty to do before we actually can say we are "ready".

Okay, I'm hungry and this computer is doing nothing to satisfy my belly.

2 comments:

bajema said...

updated belly shot please!
-Sarah Bajema :)

Jessica said...

I second that!!
Jessica Jager