Monday, December 7, 2009

A serious topic

I wanted to have a serious talk about something that's very important to me. And I'm not joking. In case you start to think I am after I tell you what I'm thinking about...

Here it is.

Straws.

And not the straight ones if I can have my choice. The bendy ones... like these.


I know you're wondering why STRAWS on a Monday morning. Here's why. I like to have orange juice before breakfast every morning and I always add a bit of water, at least 3 ice cubes and a bendy straw if I have one. And I've noticed in my drinkings (it's a new word...) that oj just tastes better with a straw. In fact, most drinks taste better with a straw.

I did try to find some scientific evidence to back up my claim but I couldn't find any recent studies. However, let me tell you my theory. When you just take a regular sip of whatever you enjoy, it hits your entire mouth at the same time. With a straw, you have some control over this! You can steer exactly where you want your tasting to be. And yes, I know as I write this, that I sound like a TOTAL idiot. But for the record, who cares.

I love straws.

And that's all I have to say this morning. About straws at least.









No comments: