Monday, January 11, 2010

A tale of my absence.

Well, I'm sorry to say that I've not been totally in the blogging spirit these last days. This is partly due to the fact that life has been pretty crazy since Christmas. People visiting from out of town, food to eat, mess to clean, New Year's Eve party, New Year's day recoup, and possibly a husband + a broken collar bone can also come into this lack of blogging excuse. And a baby on the way who is growing and making his mama tired all over again. But let’s go back to the collarbone thingamajig…

Yep, he broke his collar bone. Here's how it happened:







Yes... a little blurry. BUT, it's captured on camera. And while this was all happening, I was sleeping. And I woke up to the sound of a truck driving up our driveway and I thought... 'yay, he's home and now we can go to Seattle, stop at MAC make-up and then go to IKEA to buy our baby's bookshelf. Happy New Year's Day!!!'

And then he walked in. Covered in dirt, looking really sad and announcing that he'd hurt his shoulder. It took about 3 suggestions before he actually decided that going to a walk-in clinic would be a good idea. He was still planning on our trip to Seattle. And good thing we didn't go. I would've had a big baby to care for as well as the little one growing in my tummy. And a broken collar bone plus a floating little piece in there just for fun. FUN!!!

And there you have it. The story of my lack of blogging activity. And I really do want to blog. I just haven't. And I will try to be more faithful in my posts. I will... I WILL.

And now it's time to think of something to eat for dinner. Because... food is just what I'm in the mood for right about now! I think I am in the mood for it a lot but that's just life.


2 comments:

Mrs. Vis said...

Goodness, Bonnie! I'll pray for Luke to get better in time to comfortably hold the littler baby with both arms!

Bonnie K said...

Thanks! He should be out of the sling in about 7 weeks and I've got 10 weeks to go so I think we'll be in the clear! I think we'd both be heart broken if he couldn't hold the bubs. :-(