Monday, January 18, 2010

A moment this morning...

I just had an epiphany this morning... like, it JUST hit me.

We're having a baby. A real human being is about to be moving out of my belly and into our home. Like... in 9 weeks. Well... according to the whole "due date" thing which I know is quite inaccurate but still. 9 weeks.

About 2.3 minutes ago I was standing in my kitchen, drinking a chocolate (MMmmmm) protein shake and flipping through a baby book that my friend lent to me and it just hit me. I am reading these books now because in just over 2 months, I will have to know something about a baby. Like how to swaddle him and change his diaper and possibly be the "all knowing mommy" that children think their moms are at the beginning.

Well, let's just get that on the table right now. I don't know very much about this. The truth is out. It's going to be a hit and miss thing. But I'm more than willing to learn and I'm sure this little fellow in my tummy is more than willing to work with me!

Anyway, I just had this urgent moment of OMG, I have to blog about this. I have to tell someone. And even if I'm the only someone who reads this blog, then that counts for something right?

Right?

Hello? Helloooooooo?

Oh, I'm still here. Well, that's a relief.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Danie said...

Haha. Love you're blog. Yes, Hudson will come out! It's true, the begining is all about learning what the heck to do with this little Human. You are going to be a wonderful mama:)

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love it Bonnie! So amazing, and only 9 weeks left that's so crazy, seems like the time has gone by so fast, ha of course maybe that's just me. You guys are gonna be great parents! Hudson's a blessed kid. =)