Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Practice makes... Character?

I think that sometimes life really can be a full on sucker face of lemons and other times, it just isn't. And I'm not bringing this up to complain but lately, it seems like we have a big lemon tree in our backyard.

And really, that could be a bad thing but it hasn't. Basically, I've been getting very good at turning lemons into lemonade. In every single poopy thing, I've tried to ask myself what could I possibly learn from this or how could I take this ick and turn it into something great? To be honest, it hasn't always worked out exactly how I would want my lemonade to taste but it's always better than a big pucker face.

Obviously some things are going very well for us... having a baby (finally) and living in a very blessed country, food every single day (gasp!) etc, etc... I am thankful. So thankful. Every single day I am thankful.

But some things have just been difficult and time consuming and frustrating. And I figure since life is about learning to be totally alive to the fullest no matter what's going on around you, this is quite the opportunity for some good old fashioned practice!

Practice having a good outlook and practice being positive when things are frustrating. Because as I'm sure you've all heard growing up... practice makes perfect. At least that's what I heard over and over again... piano lessons. Ugh. Practice, practice, practice.

And you know what? I didn't get it perfect, even when I practiced 2 hours every single day. But I did get something else. I got a little bit more character with every try. And I figure, even if I don't get this whole life thing down totally straight with practice, at least I can count on some character, right?

No comments: