Monday, March 29, 2010

cankles: defined

Today, I would like to talk about cankles. If you've never heard of this term before, keep reading.

Once upon a time, I had ankles. And they were actually kind of boney ankles. And then I started taking on water like the Titanic and suddenly, like magic... Cankles.

Here are a couple of definitions:

Urban Dictionary: Noun. A sight common among the morbidly obese. The point at which one is so obese that there is no thinning of the leg between the calf and the ankle, which creates a sense of fusion between the two.

Wikipedia: An obese or otherwise swollen ankle that blends into the calf without clear demarcation.

Apparently someone forgot to mention pregnancy in these definitions. Because I have cankles that make my husband laugh. And then feel badly. And then massage my feet and ankles to try and help me out a little bit.

If anyone could help me out with the term for really swollen toes and feet, that would be really great. There must be one out there somewhere. I just don't have time to get around to this research because I have an appointment in a bit. So if you do happen to have some extra time, I'm looking for a definition for feet that look like the marshmallow man from Ghostbusters. You know what I'm talking about!

And have a nice day! :-)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

WE always called them sausage toes!! Take pictures some day they wont look like that anymore!!

Jaimee Dvorak said...

The fluid in the feet and ankles is called edema! :-)