Sunday, March 14, 2010

There will be a day

As much as I've been so profoundly happy to be pregnant, there will be a day when I'm not pregnant anymore. And I CAN'T WAIT!!! Just the other day I was thinking about all the things I am so excited to do that are literally impossible right now. Or sadly pathetic to attempt. One or the other.

Here's what I'm excited for about not being pregnant anymore:

  1. I will clip my toenails
  2. Putting on shoes will no longer be comical or frustrating and will take a very short amount of time
  3. I can wear the shoes I like, not just the ones that fit
  4. If I drop something on the floor, I can pick it up without wondering if it's really worth the effort
  5. I won't fall onto the toilet anymore
  6. Getting out of bed in the morning won't be an insurmountable task
  7. Sleeping with 5 pillows will be luxury instead of necessity
  8. Coffee. Nothing more to say on this...
  9. The lavender in my front yard can get cleaned up from winter. I actually hate this task every year but I hate it even more that I can't really do it right now.
  10. As much as we learn as children that 'slow and steady wins the race'... I don't really do the whole slow and steady thing. I like to get things done NOW. And I will... someday!
  11. Wear normal clothes that I actually like to wear. Because of my incredible talent to spill things, I have been losing maternity shirts to the "stained forever bin" and I have about 3 left.
  12. Grocery shop without people giving me wide clearance while staring at my belly
  13. Shave my legs. This will be epic
  14. Sit down without my boobs resting on my tummy. I'm wondering if I just delete this one...
  15. Get off the couch unassisted
  16. Walk for however long I want without wondering whether my hip will decide to bail on me
  17. Wear the Costco man socks around the house without moving around gallons of water in my body
This is by no means a complete or completed list. I reserve the right to add to this list at any given time.

No comments: