Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Life List

This morning Luke and I were reading some of my favorite blogs together and we checked out his cousin Jodi's website (www.jodimichelle.com) and I introduced him to her life list. It's so full of cool stuff that even I'd like to do... specifically the swank dress in NYC/martini order one. Jodi, we should meet up and do this one together. I'd be a totally worthy friend to order drinks with. Just give me some time so I can fit into something other than a tarp.

Side note: I just killed a spider that was hiding on a Costco coupon I cut out the other day. I don't understand WHY they seem to think my house is a good place to be. I'm a spider killer. I show no mercy. And now the coupon is kinda goopy and probably won't be used anymore.

Okay, back to my topic.

Life List.

So now Luke wants to US to do a life list. 50 things each and put them together and see what we are going to be doing. And first thing I think of is this: What if I hate some of his life list things? Do I have to go along with them anyway? Maybe I'll add something like "visit the Barbie Museum" if it exists just because I know he will LOATHE that with all of his heart and I might sort of enjoy it. My sort of enjoyment is worth his loathing.

I asked him about my concern... what if I hate your life list? Or even one thing on it? His reply: well, I just do that all by myself. His example: Maybe I want to live in Mexico for 20 years. I can do that alone and then tell you how it went. Did I mention I love my husband? Did I mention that he's kind of a dork but that I am too so I chose wisely?

And really, I guess we don't have to share all the things on our list but he can't just disappear for 20 years to accomplish one of his. Or even for a month. I would have to hunt him down and then he'd be sorry I found him and that little life list wish would be forever obliterated.

Gone.

Destroyed without hope of resurrection.

Just so you know.

And since we skipped out on church today because it may be our last weekend day ever without children, maybe we'll do this little project. It seems like a nice thing to do on the possible last full day of freedom before we have a little fellow demanding attention from us... that we can't wait to give him! Other than our dog Deeter who is also VERY little and VERY demanding. But we don't really care about him.

Okay, that's all for this Sunday.

1 comment:

jodimichelle said...

YAY!!! You should DO IT! Make a list, it's so much fun!

And yes, of course, we can do the NYC together ... I was hoping to go this Aug but not sure I'll make it - there's a conference I want to go to that's already sold out. Hummmf. We'll see.

But yes. YES!

Do it.