Saturday, March 13, 2010

So I'm 70+ years old now?

Okay, so first things first.

I learned to knit. Again.

A few of years ago, when it was SO TRENDY to learn to knit, I taught myself how. With a book from the library. I will boldly say that it's very difficult to learn how to knit with pictures. But I sorta did learn and tried to knit a scarf but it looked so bad that I didn't finish it and that was the end of my trendy knitting.

But then I ended up back in a knitting shop a couple months ago with my Dad's wife. She's learning how to spin and was looking for a wheel. There was this beautiful cotton blanket on display (you know, something you'd pay through the nose for at a home store) and I wanted it. More specifically, I wanted to make it.

So I signed up for a knitting class so I could learn properly and make things that actually look good. And I needed to learn before I have this baby. So I had my class, learned how to knit a baby blanket and now I'm knitting it.

Which leads me to why I'm talking about being 70.

Last night we had to drive to IKEA for some extra furniture for my husband's new office and I brought my knitting along. He gives me this funny look as we're driving and of course, I need t know what's going on behind the look so I asked... 'what's that about'??? He basically said he thought that only people over 70 knitted, and now me.

So I proudly informed him that lots of people knit. I have a friend who crochets and it was even trendy a few years ago. Ahem.

It's not like I sit and home and knit all day. I can snowboard BETTER than my husband. I mountain bike every now and again. I'm pregnant so clearly, I'm not 70. And that's besides the point, there are many cool people who are 70+ years old. I will be there someday and I hope to rock those years!

But I knit now. Below 30.

The end.

No comments: