Friday, March 12, 2010

OH BABY... room!


After much deliberation and planning, we finally put together our baby's bedroom! I do have two more things to do still but they won't happen until after the baby is born. One item because of product availability and the other because I am ready to be done for awhile!

So... where to start? How about "In the beginning..."

In the beginning, this room used to be sort of the "drum room" and everything else that didn't have a home dropping ground.

Not really much going on. Notice the '80s mini blinds.

And sadly, Luke's drums that have been sent to the 'Man Shack'

It was kind of an ordeal to get this stuff out of the room because of Luke's broken collar bone and my 3rd trimester fatigue/awkwardness/I don't feel like it-ness. And this is like half-way through January when all the pregnancy emails say we should be packing our bags and the nursery should be just about done. Um... nope.

And it didn't help that I agonized over furniture, etc for quite some time so I was feeling the crunch! Even knowing that the baby doesn't really care about this stuff... well, I CARE! I like rooms that look nice! So it had to be done!

I think Luke felt the intensity too!

A wise friend once told me that I should definitely have a clock in the nursery because it can feel like 5 hours have passed when the baby is crying and really, it's been about 12 minutes so it's good to have a clock/ahem, perspective on hand.

Thank-you IKEA!

Here's our rocking chair! This took quite awhile to find! There is a blank spot on the wall above and I'm going to get one of Luke's totally adorable "when he was little" drawings put onto canvas and hang it here! This is the thing I just don't feel like doing right now. It means digging through Luke's boxes in the garage for the right picture. Maybe another time.

The light fixture we first picked was a BIG mistake. So we went with this little thing. It works!

Here's the shelf that I HAD to have for this baby's room. Someday Hudson will appreciate it! I mean, what child wouldn't just be thrilled with all that storage!

Note another blank wall. There is a shelf that will go here and all those stuffed animals will be moved up... but it's not available until April. And then we'll put some more framed photos on the table.

Here's the dresser/changer. That changer comes off so this will be our boy's dresser for a VERY long time. I love the pictures by Norman Rockwell. Lots of sports. Maybe he will like sports? Maybe not. No pressure. Except for mountain biking... Just kidding.

And my favorite part! The crib! And polka dots! And very luxe curtains, which I must add with pride, were Luke's choice! He's had plenty of input into this room and he's got some good taste! I can't help but smile when I see this. It looks like a happy place to go to sleep and wake up!

Well, there you have it. Baby Hudson's bedroom!

Notable mentions: Thanks to my mom for helping me paint! Thanks to Luke's mom for single-handedly putting together the rocking chair and for helping with the shelf! Luke sat and watched. Something about a broken collar bone or some other lame excuse. But we don't need to go there. Anyway, THANK-YOU!!! And to Ron as well for helping move the drums! And Thanks to my friend Romay for teaching me to make the polka dots! And making a few herself! :-)

Next on my list: write thank-you notes to all the awesome people I know who blessed us with loads of baby things! This may take awhile...

Thanks for reading my blog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good Bonnie! I love the crib area.....GREAT Curtains....i want to come see in person! much love, suz

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love the dark wood and the "splash" of orange! The polka dots are adorable too...Love IKEA stuff! good job...and now for the baby...like I said earlier...enjoy your sleep now! hugs Elaine

Joy said...

love the room Bonnie.
So fun. So you. :)
Also read the other blogs.
You are hillarious.
Good info too. :)

Anonymous said...

Its Trish, Im glad you told me about this, your blog AND the baby room are adorable :)